|DLC Coated Carbide End Mill for Non-Ferrous Materials|
The AE-TS-N and AE-TL-N DLC coated carbide end mills for non-ferrous materials are extremely effective for non-ferrous materials such as aluminum alloys that require welding resistance and lubricity with the DLC-SUPER HARD coating. With excellent cutting sharpness, these end mills are able to suppress burrs to achieve excellent surface finish. This end mill series is available in square, sharp corner edge and radius types to accommodate a wide range of fields, from part processing to applications in the aerospace industry. In addition, dia. 1 mm to 2.5 mm have been added to the lineup of the square type and sharp corner edge type to support precision machining of small diameter sizes.
High performance type (AE-VTS-N) DLC coated carbide end mill for non-ferrous materials is also available.
(1) DLC-SUPER HARD coating
(2) Cutting edge specification that achieves both rigidity and sharpness
(3) New flute form enables excellent chip evacuation
(4) Center cutting edge specification to enable plunging
- Large core design with high rigidity to prevent chattering
- Sharp corner edge type: for milling straight corners with no uncut residue
Copper Alloy・Aluminum Alloy・Plastic
Short Type (AE-TS-N) 1.5 x D flute length (Neck length 3 x D)
- Square Type φ1×3～φ25×75
- Radius Type φ3×9×R0.2～φ12×36×R3
- Sharp corner edge type φ1×3～φ12×36
Long Type (AE-TL-N)
- Square Type 3×D flute length φ3×9～φ25×75
- Square Type 5×D flute length φ3×9～φ25×125
- Sharp corner edge type 3×D flute length φ3×9～φ12×36
- Sharp corner edge type 5×D flute length φ3×9～φ12×60
High performance type (AE-VTS-N) and for deep side milling (AE-VTFE-N) DLC coated carbide end mill for non-ferrous materials is also available.
Effects by the combination of DLC coating and unique cutting edge specification for non-ferrous metal machining
Long tool life with DLC coating
The extension of tool life leads to the reduction of waste, which contributes to resource conservation. Furthermore, a recycling-oriented manufacturing system is achieved through tool regrinding, tool recoating and material recycling.