FORMTRACER Avant S3000 series are highly functional and user-friendly surface roughness measuring systems with innovative design features.
Often a special method of workholding, such as a custom jig, is required to measure an inclined workpiece surface but this is not needed if you select from the FORMTRACER Avant S3000 series since some models have an inclining drive unit to handle this situation. This feature makes approaching the target surface and measurement of a large workpiece much easier.
The new style remote box has been developed in pursuit of operational usability. An overdrive knob controls the drive speed in real time and is very convenient when fine positioning is required. Another new feature is a part program key that strongly supports creation of measurement part programs, including a move command for manual operation and a measurement start command.
- High throughput is achieved thanks to high drive speed (X axis: Max. 80 mm/s, Z2 axix: Max. 30 mm/s) and acceleration (X axis: 30 mm/s2).
- All connecting cables are contained within the measuring instrument to eliminate any inconveniece during measurement.
- Since the Z-axis detector incorporates an anti-collision safery device, the detector unit will automatically stop if it touches a workpiece or fixture.
- A variety of detector holders (optional) are available.
- A detector for measuring contours can be retrofitted.
|X axis||100 mm||200 mm|
|Z1 axis||800 µm, 80 µm, 8 µm|
(when the X axis is horizontal)
|(0.05+0.001L) µm L = Measurement Length (mm)||(0.1+0.002L) µm L = Measurement Length (mm)|
|X-axis inclination angle||±45° (Only for models with X-axis inclining drive unit)|
|Z2-axis (column) travel range||300 mm||500 mm||700 mm||300 mm||500 mm||700 mm|
|Base size (W×D)||60×450 mm||1000×450 mm||60×450 mm||1000×450 mm|