Nano-Polycrystalline Diamond Tool “SUMIDIA Binderless”
- SUMIDIA Binderless is a polycrystalline diamond that directly binds nanometer-sized diamond particles with high strength without using binders. SUMIDIA Binderless is harder than single-crystal diamond and has no cleavability. Therefore, it enables machining of hard brittle materials such as carbides and enables new machining methods.
- SUMIDIA Binderless is a pure diamond, but, unlike single-crystal diamonds, has no anisotropy. Therefore, it displays excellent wear resistance with less uneven wear.
- Thanks to its polycrystalline structure, SUMIDIA Binderless has no cleavability peculiar to single-crystal diamonds and displays excellent fracture resistance.
Comparison of Structures and Hardness
Mold Finish Master SUMIDIA BINDERLESS Ball-nose Endmills “NPD series”
The NPD series achieves direct mirror finishing of carbides, which is impossible for existing single-crystal or polycrystalline diamonds, by utilizing a harder nano-polycrystalline diamond cutting edge.
Ideal for Finishing of Hard, Brittle Materials Including Carbide
- Provides excellent machined surface quality thanks to the sharp cutting edge and optimized edge treatment.
Enables High-Precision Machining and Achieves Long Tool Life
- Maintains excellent dimensional accuracy for a long time thanks to the high contour accuracy of the cutting edge and the excellent wear resistance of diamonds.