Suitable for steel to stainless steel, cast iron, and non-ferrous metal machining
SumiDrill WDX with its excellent balanced design, achieves stable drilling for a variety of work materials from general steel, stainless steel to cast iron.
In addition, there are 3 types of original chipbreaker designs available that enhance chip control and lower cutting forces, applicable to low rigidity setup conditions
- Provides stable and high quality drilling with balanced design
- 3 types of chipbreakers to eliminate chip control problems
- New coating technology achieves long tool life with improved fracture and wear resistance
- Economical 4-cornered insert interchangeable between the center and peripheral edges.
Highly durable body with a special hardened surface treatment enables stable and long usage for not only normal drilling but also a variety of machining such as hole expansion, counter boring etc.
3 types of chipbreakers cater to a wide variety of work materials and applications
“Chip Control Grooves” located at the center of the chipbreakers effectively control the direction of chip flow on 3 types of chipbreakers that reduce chip control problems and cover a wide variety of work materals and conditions
- L type: for low feed and chip control
- G type: General-purpose
- H type: Strong edge