Often a special method of workholding, such as a custom jig, is required to measure an inclined workpiece surface but this is not needed if you select a model from the FORMTRACER Avant C3000/4000 series since these have an inclining drive unit to handle this situation. This feature makes approaching the target surface and measurement of a large workpiece much easier.
The new style remote box has been developed in pursuit of operational usability. An overdrive knob controls the drive speed in real time and is very convenient when fine positioning is required. Another new feature is a part program key that strongly supports creation of measurement part programs, including a move command for manual operation and a measurement start command.
- High throughput is achieved thanks to high drive speed (X axis: MAX. 80 mm/s, Z2 axis: MAX. 30 mm/s) and acceleration (X axis: 30 mm/s2).
- All connecting cables are contained within the measuring instrument to eliminate any inconvenience during measurement.
- Since the Z1-axis detector incorporates an anti-collision safety device, the detector unit will automatically stop if it touches a workpiece or fixture.
- A detector for measuring contours can be retrofitted.
- The arm of the detector for contour measurement has a magnetic one-touch detachable mechanism that improves usability.
- C4000 type is a highly functional contour measuring system that has a digital detector (measuring range: 60 mm, resolution: 0.02 µm) that enables a Wide range measurement, top/bottom plane continuous measurement function, automatic variable measuring force funtion and stylus drop detection function.